About Job Openings & Requests for Proposals
The Riverside Art Museum (RAM) is a sixty-year-old, private, non-profit cultural arts institution that welcomes 50,000 visitors each year. Showing a mix of solo, group, and permanent collection exhibits featuring traditional and contemporary/modern art, RAM regularly displays the work of some of the best artists in the world, as well as exhibits highlighting the works of our talented local members and aspiring high school students.
● Position: Art-to-Go Instructor
● Supervisor: Director of Art Education and Community Engagement
● Salary Type: Non-exempt, part-time, casual
● Location: Riverside, CA
● Organization Mission: The Riverside Art Museum integrates art into the lives of people in a way that engages, inspires, and builds community by providing high-quality exhibits and art education programs that instill a lifelong love of the arts.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Responsible for picking up all supplies at RAM for custom curriculum
• Store supplies at home including lesson plans and art materials
• Direct 36+ students in a custom curriculum based on VAPA and State Standards
• Follow the structure of the step-by-step lesson, including teaching objective and art techniques
• Must engage in professional discretion
• Represent Riverside Art Museum in a professional manner
• Uphold/embody Riverside Art Museum’s mission statement: “. . . strive to integrate art into the community in a way that engages and inspires . . . .”
• Responsible for clocking in and out on the app each day worked
• Responsible for attending mandatory bi-monthly meetings
• Other duties as assigned by supervisor
• Must have current driver’s license
• Must have reliable vehicle and able to commute to multiple schools
• Must be able to work 5 days a week, based on public school schedule
• Must be able to work a minimum of 15 hours with maximum 28 hours per week
• Be comfortable teaching full spectrum of diverse students (special needs)
• Be able to communicate curriculum as written in an animated and engaging manner
• Some computer skills; schedules are online (WhentoWork)
• Must have good classroom control
• Encourage students in individual expression
• Good organizational skills
• Excellent time-management skills
• Must have successful background check
• Must have flexible approach to occasional schedule changes (i.e., assemblies/teachers trading class times, etc.)
To apply: Send resume with cover letter to Caryn Marsella at email@example.com. Deadline to apply is October 20, 2021.
The Riverside Art Museum is an equal opportunity employer.
Requests for Proposals
There are currently no open calls for proposals. Please check back later.
Please check back later.