About Job Openings & Requests for Proposals
We are continually seeking passionate and qualified candidates to add to our team. Please email your resume to email@example.com
The Riverside Art Museum (RAM) is a 60+ year-old, private, non-profit cultural arts institution that engages over 50,000 people annually. The Museum presents diverse exhibitions and educational programming addressing a variety of social and cultural issues through the visual arts.
• Hours per week: Part-time; Varies (8-25 hours/week); must be available to work nights and weekends
• Location: On-site; The museum encompasses two sites in the historic Mission Inn District of downtown Riverside:
- The Riverside Art Museum, 3425 Mission Inn Ave., is a former YWCA designed by the state’s first certified female architect, Julia Morgan. Built in 1929, the building was transformed into the Art Museum in 1967; and
- The Cheech Marin Center for Chicano Art & Culture of the Riverside Art Museum (The Cheech), 3581 Mission Inn Ave., is a public-private partnership with Cheech Marin and the City of Riverside.
Summary: Event Rental Associate will assistant the Event Rental Manger in executing successful events at the museum with attention to the care and safety of guests, staff, art, and facilities. Candidates should have previous experience in maintaining high customer care and be looking for an opportunity to take on a challenge in which they can help improve and expand the Event Rental Program. Candidates must be confident in taking direction and following event plans while maintaining a calm demeanor in what can be a faced placed environment.
To apply: Please email your resume with cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Riverside Art Museum (RAM) is a sixty-year-old, private, non-profit cultural arts institution that welcomes 50,000 visitors each year. Showing a mix of solo, group, and permanent collection exhibits featuring traditional and contemporary/modern art, RAM regularly displays the work of some of the best artists in the world, as well as exhibits highlighting the works of our talented local members and aspiring high school students.
● Position: Art-to-Go Instructor
● Supervisor: Director of Art Education and Community Engagement
● Salary: $17-$19/hour (depends on experience)
● Salary Type: Casual, non-exempt, up to 28 hours
● Benefits: 24 hours of mandated sick time
● Location: Riverside, CA
● Organization Mission: The Riverside Art Museum integrates art into the lives of people in a way that engages, inspires, and builds community by providing high-quality exhibits and art education programs that instill a lifelong love of the arts.
· To apply: Interested candidates should submit a cover letter and resume to email@example.com The subject line of the email should be Art to Go Instructor/ Your Name. Due to the volume of applicants, only candidates invited to interview will be contacted. Position is open until filled.
● COVID-19 Vaccination required
● Applications accepted until November 18, 2022.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
· Responsible for picking up all supplies at RAM for custom curriculum
· Store supplies at home including lesson plans and art materials
· Direct 36+ students in a custom curriculum based on VAPA and State Standards
· Follow the structure of the step-by-step lesson, including teaching objective and art techniques
· Must engage in professional discretion
· Represent Riverside Art Museum in a professional manner
· Uphold/embody Riverside Art Museum’s mission statement: “. . . strive to integrate art into the community in a way that engages and inspires and builds community.”
· Responsible for clocking in and out on the app each day worked
· Responsible for attending mandatory bi-monthly meetings
· Other duties as assigned by supervisor
· Must have current driver’s license
· Must have reliable vehicle and able to commute to multiple schools
· Must be able to work 5 days a week, based on public school schedule
· Must be able to work a minimum of 15 hours with maximum 28 hours per week
· Be comfortable teaching full spectrum of diverse students (special needs)
· Be able to communicate curriculum as written in an animated and engaging manner
· Some computer skills; schedules are online (WhentoWork)
· Must have good classroom control
· Encourage students in individual expression
· Good organizational skills
· Excellent time-management skills
· Must have successful background check
· Must have flexible approach to occasional schedule changes (i.e., assemblies/teachers trading class times, etc.)
The Riverside Art Museum is an equal opportunity employer.
Riverside Art Museum
3425 Mission Inn Avenue
Riverside, CA 92501
t. (951) 684-7111 w. www.riversideartmusuem.org
Riverside Art Museum (RAM) Marketing and Communications Director
- Position: Marketing and Communications Director
- Supervisor: Executive Director
- Salary type: Exempt, full-time position
- Salary range: $75,000 – $95,000
- Benefits: Health benefits free of charge to the employee, 40 hours sick time, Simple IRA, 2 weeks paid vacation
- Schedule: Monday to Friday, with occasional evening and weekend hours
- Location: Riverside, CA
- Organization Mission: The Riverside Art Museum integrates art into the lives of people in a way that engages, inspires, and builds community by providing high-quality exhibits and art education programs that instill a lifelong love of the arts.
- To apply: Interested candidates should submit a cover letter and resume to the Search Committee at firstname.lastname@example.org. The subject line of the email should be: Marketing and Communications Director/ Your Name. Thank you in advance for your interest in working for The Riverside Art Museum and The Cheech Marin Center of Chicano Art & Culture. Due to the volume of applicants, only candidates invited to interview will be contacted. Position is open until filled.
- Covid-19 vaccination required
The Riverside Art Museum is seeking an accomplished Marketing and Communications Director to tell the story both locally and nationally of the Riverside Art Museum, including its new center, the Cheech Marin Center for Chicano Art and Culture. The candidate will plan, organize, lead, and implement all marketing, communications, branding, and advertising activities to consistently articulate the museum’s mission and vision, to drive revenue, and to promote programming, special events, membership, fundraising events, and fee-for-service initiatives (classes, facility rentals, retail). The Marketing Director will create and maintain relationships with members of the media and social media influencers and will successfully pitch and secure coverage. The Marketing Director will be responsible for hiring and managing the day-to-day activities of communications and marketing staff, analyzing market research and audience insights, and creating and managing annual budgets. The ideal candidate has done the work themselves and has led teams – staff and contractors and community partners – to scale up that same work.
- With board of trustees and staff, participate in the strategic planning of the organization
- Create a multi-year marketing and communications plan that drives revenue and positions the museum brand both locally and nationally; regularly share updates and progress made on plan with staff and trustees
- Lead a small team while also working with with other departmental staff, community partners and volunteers to implement the marketing and communications plan
- Establish good relationships with visitors, vendors, staff, trustees and volunteers; build wide and effective networks of contacts inside and outside the organization, relate well to people at all levels, manage conflict
- Outreach and manage contracts with public relations firms, design firms, information technology firms, social media influencers, and others
- Maintain media contacts, actively outreaching and adding new contacts to the list; fulfill inquiries and image requests
- Proactively coordinate with other museum departments to ensure marketing and communications needs are being met; this includes the fund development department on visitor lifecycle marketing
- Serve as the primary communications and marketing advisor to the museum’s leadership team
- Draft and/or edit marketing copy (for print, digital, radio, and TV) for museum programs including exhibitions, fundraising and exhibition programs
- Draft press releases
- Oversee the development of all the museum’s print communications; this includes setting up project schedules, obtaining vendor bids, coordinating with designers, printers, and mailing/production services to ensure timely, high-quality delivery
- Oversee social media platforms and strategy, including social media influencers
- Oversee and maintain the museum website
- Create and implement an institutional-wide marketing reporting function that can track, measure, and analyze brand performance and audience awareness
- Oversee overall quality (graphic design, branding, and grammatical accuracy ) of all public-facing communications (labels, brochures, letters, etc.)
- Maintain organizational brand standards
- Participate in the organization’s ongoing learning and sharing of best practices with other museums and non-profit arts organizations
- Coordinate with the Marketing Committee of the Riverside Art Museum
- Represent the Museum at public events
- Collaborate on promotional strategies with neighboring museums
- Assist with day-of event support
- Bachelor’s degree in communications, marketing, journalism, or other related field
- Minimum of 5 to7 years of progressively increasing experience and responsibility in a communications and marketing senior management role, preferably in a non-profit art museum, cultural organization, performing arts, or educational setting
- Demonstrated ability to create, implement, and lead a comprehensive strategic marketing and communication strategy to advance an organization’s mission and goals
- Excellent writer with published experience; with preference for visual arts content
- An understanding of Latinx/Chicanx and other BIPOC histories, customs, communication, and cultural distinctions to bridge differences and form meaningful marketing strategies
- Demonstrated success writing and pitching articles for an arts organization
- Excellent copy editing skills
- Demonstrated experience in planning, writing, editing, and production of newsletters, press releases, catalogs, and other print and online publications
- Exceptional proficiency with writing, editing, proofreading, layout and design
- Exceptional proficiency working with Microsoft Office, website content management systems (WordPress), social media scheduling/monitoring/engagement tools, Adobe Creative Suite, Google Analytics, AdWords, Facebook Ads Manager, CRM systems, and email marketing platforms
- Deep understanding of philanthropy and donor cultivation
- Ability to work a flexible schedule, including evenings and weekends
- Successful background check
The Riverside Art Museum is an equal opportunity employer.