PERMANENT COLLECTION ACQUISITION PROPOSALS
Thank you for your interest in donating art to The Riverside Art Museum’s (RAM’s) permanent collection. Though RAM has some areas of specialty in our collection we are willing to consider any work from noteworthy artists.
In order to consider your donation of artwork(s), please submit a written proposal to be considered by our curatorial staff and collections committee.
What to include in a proposal:
- Whether you are offering a restricted or unrestricted donation. Unrestricted means, once accepted, the museum can trade, sell, or accept the donation(s) to the permanent collection.
- Information about the object, such as: a general description; the name of artist; any background on the artists education and career; art medium; dimensions; date made; and, any other details you can provide.
- Good pictures. Visual documentation is also important to the process, in particular to help assess condition.
- How you came to own the object. Please also include any formal documentation of ownership.
- Estimated value. If you have a receipt of purchase and/or appraisals, please include.
Once we receive your complete proposal, RAM staff will carefully consider your offer and make a decision based on criteria, such as: its relevance; how well it fits with plans for the RAM Collection; whether it is in good condition; and whether we can adequately care for it in the future. Not all donation can be accepted.
Depending on the unique considerations of each proposal, it can take anywhere from three to six months for us to respond.
Please do not bring objects to the Museum. We will be in touch if we need to view the item(s) in person. Note that we cannot offer appraisals nor can we recommend appraisers. For these questions, please visit the American Society of Appraisers website or call ASA at 800-272-8258.
Mail proposals to:
Riverside Art Museum
3425 Mission Inn Ave.
Riverside, CA 92501
Or submit via email to: email@example.com.