Each September, mental health advocates, prevention organizations, survivors, allies, and community members unite across the nation to promote suicide prevention awareness.
For a second year, RAM is inviting artists to exhibit works that help raise awareness and build a more compassionate community. This juried exhibition will feature prints, paintings, and more.
Call for Entries:
The Riverside Art Museum invites artists to submit one recent work for an exciting juried exhibition opportunity. Work selected for the exhibition will be determined on the basis of submitted digital images. Image files can be JPEG/JPG/PNG files and should be labeled with last name, initial of your first name and title of the piece and size. Files should be at least 300 dpi.
Images should be emailed to email@example.com by midnight August 29, 2021. Artists will be notified of acceptance into the exhibition on September 3 via email.
The decision of the juror and curator with regard to acceptance and non-acceptance is final.
Riverside Art Museum will use images of juried artwork for marketing and promotion of the exhibition.
- Entry Deadline: August 29, 2021
- Jury Notification by Email: September 3, 2021
- Drop-Off Dates: September 12–13, 2021, noon–4 p.m.
- Exhibition Dates: September 18–October 31, 2021
- Pick-Up Date: November 1–2, 2021, noon–4 p.m.
Rules and Regulations:
Entries must be original artworks completed within the last two years. Works not properly prepared will not be installed. Hanging apparatus must be secured to the artwork. The Riverside Art Museum reserves the right to reject works that are deemed unstable, that differ from the submitted digital image and or description of work, or that are not professionally presented. Please contact Riverside Art Museum Art Preparator, Eric Martinez at firstname.lastname@example.org with questions about preparation.
- Size: Two-dimensional pieces must not exceed 60 inches in any direction (including the frame) and three-dimensional pieces must not exceed 35 pounds. Video work will not be included this time.
- Drop Off: Accepted submissions should be dropped off at the Riverside Art Museum, 3425 Mission Inn Avenue, Riverside, CA 92501 on Sunday, September 12 or Monday, September 13, noon–4 p.m. Works delivered late will not be included in the exhibition. RAM is unable to accept works shipped directly to the museum for this exhibition.
- Pick Up: All exhibited work must be picked up on Monday, November 1, or Tuesday, November 2, noon–4 p.m.
About Our Exhibition Juror:
Denise Kraemer of Riverside is a native of the Inland Empire. She served as the Education Curator at the Riverside Art Museum in Riverside, California, for three years, where she organized the adult education programs, monthly lecture series, and member critiques. Kraemer curated the printmaking exhibition Pressed at the Riverside Art Museum and worked with the museum’s Monothon workshop and exhibition for four years. Kraemer received her BA in Art from California Baptist University and her MA in Art at California State University San Bernardino. She has also worked with the Arts Connection and Mil Tree in Joshua Tree, California, and juried the Ink & Clay show at CalPoly Pomona. She also teaches workshops at Division 9 Gallery, the Riverside Art Museum, and the Fallbrook School for the Arts, and is a retired professor at Riverside Community College and California State University at San Bernardino.