In the spirit of the Smithsonian Museums, which offer free admission every day, Museum Day Live! is an annual event hosted by Smithsonian magazine in which participating museums across the country open their doors to anyone presenting a Museum Day Live! ticket… for free. Click the link below to register to get your FREE TICKET!
New for March 2016 is a special edition of Museum Day Live!, providing an opportunity to the public, especially women and girls throughout the U.S. to enjoy and share in our nation’s dynamic heritage and cultural life.
Come shake hands with women’s history!
- Girls will present their heroines from 10 a.m. – 12 noon.
- Join Lisa Henry for a storytelling project and listen to local diverse women leaders as they describe their obstacles and triumphs from 1 p.m. – 3 p.m.
- Nicolette Rohr from UCR’s public history program will present the histories of Mine Okubo and Julia Morgan from 12 noon – 4 p.m.
- Nick Bahula will be leading a wood transfer art workshop from 10 a.m. – 4 p.m.
- Tour our guest-curated exhibition by Adeola Davies-Aiyeloja that celebrates the diversity of women. This mini exhibit includes her selections from our Permanent Collection and will be on view in the atrium.
- The Riverside County Mexican American Historical Society will also have a table at this event.
Join RAM for this fun-filled educational day where we ask you why women are amazing and why girls matter.