Click here to buy art online through October 14, 2021.
Get your kicks at 6×6! You’ll want to get hip to this tip, SAVE THE DATE, October 1–3, for this art sale and fundraiser put on by the Art Alliance of the Riverside Art Museum, famous for past events like Off the Wall, Art Bark in the Park, the Riverside Art Market, and many other fun, art-related FUNdraisers.
Make an Inland Empire trip to buy 6 by 6 inch original artwork in a variety of mediums by artists from throughout Southern California, all for sale at $100 each. The artists will receive 50% of the sales price for each of their pieces that sell, so the art museum won’t be the only beneficiaries of your generous participation during the art sale!
Artists are encouraged to read the submission guidelines below and to register their art prior to dropping off their pieces on Friday, September 10, or Saturday, September 11, 9 a.m.–2 p.m. Please read size/framing requirements carefully; there is no theme requirement. Artists with questions can email Denise Kraemer at email@example.com or Emmanuelle Reynolds at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Opening Gala on Friday, October 1, 7 p.m.–9 p.m., will give ticket holders access to the art sale before it opens to the general public on Saturday and features a Route 66-themed party, complete with libations, music, and appetizers. Want to get even earlier access to the sale? Become a sponsor (see below)! Tickets are $25. Online ticket sales are closed; tickets will be available for purchase at the door.*
The Art Sale will be open to the public for in-person shopping Saturday, October 2, 10 a.m.–4 p.m., and Sunday, noon–4 p.m. The remaining artwork will come down after Sunday, but will be available for online purchase between Monday, October 4, and Thursday, October 14. The online sale website link is available here.
RAM and the Art Alliance are also teaming up with local high schools in the Alvord and Riverside Unified School Districts for a separate but related art contest and exhibition (no sales) in conjunction with this event. A celebration to announce the award winners will take place Saturday, October 9, 10 a.m.
* For RAM special events (held on or off site) with 60 people and over, proof of full vaccination against COVID-19 is required. “Fully vaccinated” means the event is at least 14 days after a participant’s final vaccine dose. To enter the event, participants must bring proof of vaccination, either a physical vaccination card, a picture of a vaccination card, or a digital vaccination record. Most California residents may request a digital vaccination record at myvaccinerecord.cdph.ca.gov. Anyone 12 and over without proof of being fully vaccinated must provide proof of a negative COVID-19 PCR test taken within 72 hours (3 days) prior to entering the event. Masks are also required at all times indoors, except when eating, drinking, or actively speaking to a group as part of a presentation for all patrons and visitors, regardless of vaccination status, at the Riverside Art Museum.
Become a Sponsor!
We’re looking for a few great sponsors for the Get Your Kicks at 6×6 Art Sale and Fundraiser. The Gala begins at 5 p.m. for sponsors. Entrance into the art sale is staggered based on sponsorship level.
Los Angeles: $5,000
- Naming opportunity at the top of the event
- First opportunity for 10 people to shop the gallery and purchase art before anyone else
- Private art purchasing time of one hour
- Wine, refreshments, and appetizers served in the gallery while you shop
- Always mentioned prominently in our social media and other printed material as the lead sponsor
- Route 66 gift box with fun memorabilia
- Second opportunity for 4 people to shop the gallery and purchase art before ticket purchasers
- Purchasing time begins at 5 p.m. for one hour
- Mentioned in social media
- Third opportunity for 2 people to shop the gallery and purchase art before ticket purchasers
- Purchasing time begins at 6 p.m. for 45 minutes
Value of goods and services received for tax purposes: Los Angeles, $500; Santa Fe, $320; Tulsa, $120; and Chicago, $60. RAM is a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization. Our Tax ID number is 95-1904692.
Call for Artists
Artists may submit up to six pieces of artwork if they are RAM members or four if they are not. The artwork will be sold for $100/piece and the artist will receive 50% of the proceeds of any of their artwork sold. We are looking to showcase 500+ pieces of art at the museum as well as on the virtual sales site.
- ONE SIZE ONLY: 6 INCHES X 6 INCHES X 1.5 INCHES DEEP ON CANVAS OR CRADLE BOARD OR, if your art is on paper (watercolor, pen and ink, pastel, etc.), you can frame your art as long as the outer frame is no larger than 6 INCHES X 6 INCHES and is ready to hang.
- All artwork must be original in interpretation and composition. RAM reserves the right to reject artwork that is deemed inappropriate or unsafe. Artists agree that RAM can use images of their artwork for event promotions. Although we will treat your art as gently as possible, RAM is not responsible for any damaged art.
- No hanging devices, hooks, or cables on the back of canvases or cradle boards. Cable or hanging strip is needed for framed art.
- All artwork needs to have the artist’s name, painting title, and email address on the back bottom right of the artwork.
- 3D pieces cannot exceed 6 INCHES X 6 INCHES X 4 INCHES TOTAL DIMENSION.
- No wet paint or unsealed pastels/charcoals.
- Any medium that can meet these guidelines is acceptable (fused glass, prints, fiber art, charcoal, pastels, paint, photography, collage, etc.)
- Artists may submit pieces as part of a series; however, each piece must be work as a stand-alone as buyers are free to choose which pieces to buy. We cannot promise that a full series will be purchased.
IMPORTANT DATES TO REMEMBER:
ART INTAKE: Friday, September 10, and Saturday, September 11, 2021, 9 a.m.–2 p.m.
ART PICK UP: Friday, October 15, and Saturday, October 16, 2021, 10 a.m.–3 p.m.
PLEASE REGISTER ONLINE BEFORE SEPTEMBER 10.
WE WILL BE PRINTING ALL REGISTRATIONS PRIOR TO THE START OF DROP OFF.
PLEASE DO NOT SUBMIT THIS REGISTRATION UNLESS YOU ARE ABLE TO FILL OUT THE
TITLE/MEDIUM/IMAGE UPLOAD SECTION FOR ALL ARTWORK YOU WISH TO ENTER.
YOU MAY ONLY SUBMIT YOUR REGISTRATION ONCE.
Registration is now closed. Thank you.
Thank you to our generous sponsors:
Brad Alewine of
Pam & Mark Balys
Kathy & David Bocian
Selina & Phil Bremenstuhl
Kathy & Gary Christmas
Jacqueline & Dr. Andrew Hopper
Francisca & Eric Johnson
Cathy & Terry Walling
Betty & Walter Parks
Kathy & John Allavie
Lorraine & Richard Anderson
The Arntzen Family
Eileen & Stephen Ashwal
Kathleen & Matt Barth
Dan Benner & René Glynn
Suzy & Gary Clem
The Clem Clan
Anne & Joseph Deem
Marcia & Tom Evans
Patti & David Funder
Cheryl & Dayton Gilleland
Debra & Jeff Johnson
Judy Davies Designs
Beth & Doug Kollmyer
Sari & Owen Kustner
Peggy & Arthur Littleworth
Tami & Steve Maio
Louise D. Moore
Emmanuelle & Morey Reynolds
Sandy & Bill Schnack
Janis & Wendel Tucker
Athena & David Waite
Madelyn Warner and Denise & Chuck Stevens
Melanie A. Miller